Eid ul Azha and Qurbani
Qurbani - Sacrifice
M. H. Lakdawala
1. To rise early in the morning.
2. To do miswak and do bathe.
3. To be clad in one?s best garments.
4. To use perfume.
5. Not to eat anything before Eid prayer.
6. To pronounce takbir loudly while going towards eidgah.
Allah-u Akbar, Allah-u Akbar
Allah is greatest Allah is greatest
There is no God but Allah
wa-Allah-u Akbar, Allah-u Akbar
and Allah is greatest Allah is greatest
and all praise is for Allah.
7. To perform two rakah Eid ul Azha, wajib prayer in the eidgah.
8. After prayers to listen to the sermon (Kutbah) is sunnah.
9. To return early after prayers by a different route and do the sacrifice (Qurbani).
10. To distribute the meat of the sacrifice among the poor, friends, relatives and neighbours and also to cook and eat the meat of sacrifice.